INSURANCE IS TOO DAMN COMPLICATED!
Protecting your loved ones when you can’t.
- Life Cover is pretty much what it says on the box. It provides a Lump Sum benefit in the event of death to protect your family when you can’t anymore.
- Life insurance is designed for those with families, business,es or other financial responsibilities that need to be taken care of in the event of their death.
- Most Life Policies can pay an immediate lump sum of up to $15,000 to help with funeral expenses, removing any financial worries in that difficult time.
- So now you can be sure that, in the event of death, your dependents will be able to maintain the life you want for them.
- And the money can be used in any way you want.
Protection when things go seriously wrong!
- In our lives, there are worse things than dying!
- Trauma insurance is often known as ‘living cover’ and is designed to help when you have a serious accident or illness.
- While most claims are for cancers, heart attacks, and strokes a Trauma policy will cover you for a wide range of serious illnesses and conditions. So, if you become seriously ill your finances will be sorted, you can focus on your recovery and your family will be able to maintain their lifestyle.
- Depending on the event Trauma insurance can pay out in full immediately or pay an initial sum on diagnosis and the balance paid if the trauma progresses.
- A Trauma Cover benefit can be used any way you choose.
Protection when the worst happens!
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) is a cover that pays out a Lump Sum in the event that you can never work again due to illness or accident.
- Having a TPD policy enables you and your family to adjust to the changed circumstances while being assured of a level of financial security during this difficult time.
- This payment can be used any way you choose.
It works when you can’t
- Income Protection insurance is there when your income stops because of accident or illness providing a monthly income while you are recovering.
- If you can’t work because of an accident it is likely that ACC will help with your income. But what happens if you can’t work because you get sick? There is NO cover from ACC for illness. And not being able to work because of illness is more likely than from an accident.
- Income Protection can cover up to 75% of your income and you choose how the money gets used.
- You decide on the payment you receive when claiming, waiting period until you can claim, level of income you wish to protect and how long you want the benefit to continue.
- Income Protection can be a complex cover and we strongly recommend that you talk to us before committing to this cover.
Medical attention when you need it!
- In NZ we have a very good public health cover system but it often struggles under the weight of the increasing demands put on it.
- Private Medical cover means that you will get the treatment you need when you need it, no more waiting lists and you can choose your own doctor.
- Your policy should provide access the newest and best medications that are available (many of which have been shown to provide much better odds of recovery) not just the ones that are subsidised by the government (by Pharmac) and enable you to avoid delays in treatment that can seriously compromise your health, affect your lifestyle and ability to earn a living.
- Not all medical policies are created equal. Getting the wrong medical policy can be one of the most serious mistakes you make.
Protecting your home and castle
- if you have a home to protect Mortgage Insurance is pretty much a ‘no brainer’ – providing a safety net in the event that you can’t meet your mortgage commitments due to a disability, illness, accident, or trauma.
- With Mortgage Protection you will know that your home is always protected.
- Mortgage Protection is paid monthly but the terms and conditions can depend on your particular policy. Calculate Here.
- Again this is a policy that should be ‘tailor-made’ for you and we can help you get it right.
- “KiwiSaver? I put money in and I get it when I retire. Simple. Right? “
- Yes, it is simple but, as with all financial matters, it is important that you get all the information before you make a decision because it can make a big difference when you retire.
- KiwiSaver is one of the best retirement savings schemes around. If you are not already a member now is be the best time to start planning for your retirement. We will be happy to explain all the benefits of belonging, including how the funds work, levels of contribution and government contributions.
- There are many Providers for KiwiSaver and you can visit the government site for more information. Our preferred provider is Generate. You can see for yourself how their funds are performing and if they are the right choice for you by going here.